Coronavirus (COVID-19) Announcements & Resources
NACA Statements on COVID-19
Training During COVID-19
Tool Kits & SOPs
- NACA COVID-19 Position Statements: This page has up to date statements from the National Care & Control Association on topics related to Animal Services and COVID-19.
- Center for Disease Control & Prevention: Up to date information from the CDC on the COVID19 Pandemic
- COVID-19 Shelter Tool Kit: This page has a variety of resources on COVID-19 compiled by the Humane Society of the United States and The Association for Animal Welfare Advancement
- Emergency Foster Application: As we face the current pandemic it is apparent that we must reduce animal inventory in our facilities in order to ensure capacity for new animals that must be housed in the facility as well as allow for limited staffing levels appropriate time/resources to care for the animals in the physical shelter. One way of accomplishing this is through emergency foster placement.
- American Pets Alive- COVID-19 Shelter Preparedness Guide: This page has an extensive list of sample documents, position statements, and protocols from agencies across the United States
- Best Friends COVID-19 Guide: Resources including lists of upcoming webinars with key information
- American Veterinary Medical Association- COVID-19: Up to date information from the American Veterinary Medical Association on COVID-19 and its implication for the veterinary community
- Johns Hopkins Survey for Animal Care Professionals Regarding COVID
- Sample SOPs (pdf):