Millions of animals are euthanized every year in this country.
After every option has been exhausted to find homes for these animals,
there are still millions that must be humanely destroyed. This
unpleasant but necessary task requires a certain level of skill and
knowledge if it is to be done humanely and painlessly. NACA offers a two
day training course that will provide them the skills needed for humane
Topics of this course include:
Goals of humane euthanasia.
History of euthanasia.
Anatomy and physiology.
Pharmacology of SP.
Routes of administration.
IV and IP techniques.
Legal and regulatory issues.
Hands on lab.
NACA Certification for Animal Control Professionals
Euthanasia Training Workshops
Do You Know...
- The goals of humane animal euthanasia?
- The history of euthanasia?
- Animal anatomy and physiology to provide a quick and painless death?
- The pharmacology of sodium pentobarbital?
- Routes of administration and restraint techniques?
- How to administer the IV, IP and IH techniques?
- How to deal with stress management?
- The legal and regulatory issues as it relates to humane animal euthanasia?
- What steps to take to ensure personnel safety?
If you do not...
The National Animal Care & Control Association (NACA) has the
opportunity to offer the Euthanasia Training Workshop in your area. This
two day workshop is a "hands on" training program designed for Animal
Control Officers, euthanasia technicians, shelter veterinarians and
anyone else responsible for humane animal euthanasia.
Tuition for the Euthanasia Workshop is: $275.00
For any additional questions please check out our FAQ or email email@example.com.